- 4 medium squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the squash into strips. Cut them lengthwise if they are too wide. Heat them in a covered skillet with 1 tsp olive oil until slightly tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat the other tsp of olive oil in a large skillet, and cook the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, blend together the cashews and beef broth until the mixture is nice and creamy. Add more broth as needed until a thick sauce has formed.
- Pour the cashew cream sauce into the skillet with the meat, and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until it is all mixed together.
- Serve the stroganoff mixture over the squash noodles!