I not-on-purpose just took a few weeks off from blogging simply because I just didn’t have the time or motivation to create new content. The past few months have gone by in a whirlwind, and I feel like I’m just now able to catch my breath. While I LOVE being busy, taking lots of pretty pictures, and being James’s momma, it’s nice to have a little break right now to get back on top of things.
For a while I was doing SO well at staying on top of the housework. I had a morning routine, got so much accomplished, and went to bed tired but knowing it had been a great day. But then life got crazy and it’s been hard to keep up. Anyone else with me?! Thankfully the summer months are a little slower so I can enjoy these last few moments with my baby before he turns one year old (UGH I HATE THAT I JUST SAID THAT), go on some fun trips, and soak in as much family time as possible before the fall photography season kicks into high gear.
And yes, that means you’ll be hearing more from me – yay! I have some fun blog posts up my sleeves, and I’m sooo excited to get back to regular blogging. I’ve missed it!
So I’m starting back to blogging with THE yummiest paleo cookies recipe ever. If you saw my little teaser on Instagram yesterday, then you know my sweet friend Brooke is a huge fan. And that these cookies could also be named “Mouthwatering Brownie Cookies You Didn’t Realize Are Paleo” cuz it’s 100% true. They are so rich and decadent! Best of all, these Triple Chocolate Paleo Cookies are so stinkin’ easy to make. Now that’s my kind of cookie!
Pair them with a fresh cup of coffee and invite your friends over to laugh and talk over this yummy afternoon pick-me-up. Because there’s no better way to eat paleo cookies than to eat them with friends.
- 1 cup paleo flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein (I used Arbonne)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp oat/almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the paleo flour, cacao powder, chocolate protein, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add the melted coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix to combine, then slowly pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until fully incorporated, but make sure to not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough has hardened slightly.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of the dough onto the parchment paper, and separate each cookie by two inches.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then remove from oven. Let them cool for 2 minutes on the pan, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Want to see some more paleo recipes? Check these out!!