- 1 1/2 cups Rice & Ancient Grains Medley
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups carrots
- 1 1/2 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the dry rice with the water or broth. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Chop the ends off the brussels, remove some of the outside leaves, then slice in half.
- Peel the carrots and chop into 1/4 inch sized discs.
- Wash the zucchini, then slice each in half long wise. Chop into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss the veggies in Tbsp of olive oil, and sprinkle on the seasonings. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Turn the broiler on high for 5 minutes to get a little extra flavor and crunch in your veggies.
Portion out your bowls (this makes 4 bowls):
- 1/2 cup rice medley
- 1 1/2 cups veggies
- 1/2 cup chicken