Who else is a fan of lavender?
I have to admit… it took me a long time to fully open up to it. I loved the smell, but wasn’t quite sure how I felt about having it in my food. It wasn’t until one of my sweet friends told me about a lavender honey latte at a local coffeeshop that I decided to finally give it a try (that’s how much I trust your judgement, Brooke!). And on that warm summer’s day, my life changed forever. #sodramatic
Then on my trip to Oregon this past fall, that same Brooke brought me to a coffeeshop, raving about their lavender hemp latte. One sip, and I was hooked. I’ve seriously dreamt about that latte ever since! So when I stumbled upon dried lavender at Sprouts, I knew it was finally time to try my hand at my own latte.
Y’all… I am so glad I did.
Wanna know my favorite part about this latte? The cake that went with it.
My girl Emily from Martinez Made kicked it out of the park with this amazing cake. In the fall we got together to make the butternut squash ravioli & parmesan sauce, and it was such a hit that I asked her if she wanted to do another collaboration centered around lavender. Guys- holy yum. I couldn’t have picked a more perfect cake for this lavender hemp latte! It’s not too sweet, and the flavor of the coffee and cake go together like two peas in a pod.
Check out her Honey Lavender Buttercream recipe and her Earl Grey Cake recipe!
As for the latte, it is SO EASY to make. Like ridiculously easy.
All you need is some lavender simple syrup (just water, sugar and lavender), hemp milk (+ a frother if you’re fancy) and coffee. To make the perfectly frothed milk for this latte, I decided to buy this one from Amazon (<- affiliate link). I love how it heats and froths at the same time, and in literally 60 seconds we were ready to rock and roll. I bought the hemp milk in the dairy free shelved section at Sprouts, and opted for the unsweetened original one by Pacifico. It frothed perfectly, and I love the taste in my coffee!
I don’t normally add creamer, syrup or milk to my coffee but sometimes I do, and I’m excited to have a frother that will bring my lattes to the next level. And adding the lavender simple syrup – double yum. I’m finally the barista I dreamt I’d be when I was younger. ;)
Wanna see more collaborations? Let me know in the comments!!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp dried lavender
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp lavender simple syrup
- 1/4 cup frothed hemp milk (plus some foam on top!)
- Heat the water, sugar and lavender in a medium saucepan until boiling. Let it boil for one minute, then remove from heat. Steep the mixture for at least 30 minutes, then strain into a glass jar.
- Brew your coffee.
- Meanwhile pour 1/4 cup hemp milk into the frother and heat and froth.
- Pour the coffee into a mug, and stir in the lavender simple syrup.
- Pour in the hemp milk and add the foam on top.
- Garnish with extra lavender if you wanna look extra fancy.
- Pair with some Earl Grey Cake with Honey Lavender Buttercream for the ultimate midday pick-me-up.