- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup Monterrey cheese
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender until thick and creamy. Pour into a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the bell pepper, onion and mushrooms into small pieces. Cook them in a skillet with the olive oil and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Mix together the cottage cheese and cooked veggies.
- Gently fold in the egg whites (do NOT whip or add air), the shredded cheese and seasonings.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and pour about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture into the tin (until full).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the egg is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before transferring the egg bites to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container!