- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a food processor, pulse together the beans, carrot, zucchini and garlic until mostly incorporated (leaving some of the beans whole). Scoop into a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and egg white with a fork until a dry paste has formed.
- Add this paste, the corn, sweet potato, chipotle peppers and seasoning to the bean and veggie mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or non stick skillet) on medium heat. Spray with olive oil.
- Form the veggie burger mixture into patties and place in the hot pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until they are browned and have formed a slight crust.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- To store, place the burgers in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer!