- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kale
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 1 cup squash
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- French bread
- Olive oil (for the bread)
- Heat up your grill while prepping the brussels and squash.
- Cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts, then cut them in half. Place on a big sheet of foil, sprinkle some olive oil and season with some salt and pepper. Fold up the ends of the foil to make a “bag”.
- Roughly chop the squash. Place on a big sheet of foil, sprinkle some olive oil and season with some salt and pepper. Fold up the ends of the foil to make a “bag”.
- Grill until veggies are tender!
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and kale into small pieces and place in a bowl. Season with the vinegar, olive oil and spices.
- Once the veggies are done on the grill, cut them into smaller pieces and and add to the bowl. (You can remove the seeded part of the squash if it has become a bit mushy during the cooking.)
- Turn on the broiler in your oven, or set the oven to 400F.
- Cut the french bread into half inch slices, place on a foil lined pan, and spread the olive oil over the tops of the slices.
- If using the broiler, broil for 2 minutes or until the tops are brown and crunchy.
- If baking, bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are brown and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven then top with a spoonful of the veggie mixture.
- Enjoy immediately!