- 2 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil (about 5 leaves)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chicken or other lean protein
- Create noodles out of the zucchini and squash using a spiralizer. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, then add the zucchini and squash and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and add the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, then immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and shred the brussels sprouts. Set aside.
- In a blender cup, blend together the avocados, water, lemon juice and basil until thick and creamy. Add to the zucchini and squash, and stir to completely cover the zoodles.
- Prepare the bowls! Start with the zoodles, then top with the tomatoes, asparagus, brussels and protein. Can be served warm or cold!