A cold front has arrived and it *finally* feels like December here in North Texas! It went from the low 80s on Monday to the 50s today and boy oh boy my body was not ready for this! I start shivering the minute I walk outside and you better believe I have been pulling out all my scarves to bundle up in for recess duty. ;)
And I don’t know about you, but when cold weather comes, I start craving soup. For my lunches this week I decided to take my shredded chicken from these tacos (which I absolutely love) and convert it into a fun, easy soup. The result? Absolutely delicious! The best part was that all I had to do was dump all the ingredients into the crockpot, cook on high for 4 hours, then shred the chicken and it was done. Easy peasy! You’re gonna love my shredded chicken taco soup!
This chicken taco soup is the perfect comfort meal for those cold winter nights we have ahead, and for those days when a huge elaborate meal just isn’t gonna happen. It also makes perfect leftovers (#priorities) and is great for feeding a crowd! Add some rice to the mix for a heartier meal and you’ll be full and happy in no time. You’re welcome!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 cup corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Through all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours (just make sure the chicken is fully cooked!).
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks. Mix back into the soup.
- Serve while hot, or store in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Now it’s your turn to talk! Answer one of these questions in the comments below:
What is your go-to meal when the weather gets colder?
Are you a fan of shredded chicken?