- 4 sausage links (pre cooked)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (I used orange and green), sliced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup okra, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the peppers and add to the pan with the garlic. Cook until it begins to soften, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the chopped okra, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and chicken broth to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and onion powder.
- Simmer on medium low heat until the broth has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the precooked sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Add the sausage to the pan and simmer until the sausage is heated thoroughly.
- Enjoy immediately!