Looking forward to this upcoming month, I made some goals for October and am sharing them with you today!
Guys… can you believe tomorrow is the first day of October?! Time is flying by, and I am so excited that my favorite month is finally here.
I have always loved October. The temperatures finally start dropping, pumpkin patches are open, crock pot recipes come out again, and running season is in full swing. With a new month comes new goals, and that’s what today is all about! But before I get to my October goals, here’s a quick recap and reflection on last month’s!
September Goals… How’d it go?
For the blog:
- Prep all posts one week in advance- so far so good!! I am about a week ahead, and it has helped me SO MUCH. Like seriously, I am less stressed, and feel WAY more prepared and in control.
- Make 4 posts SEO friendly- I worked on this a little, but I think I could have done more.
- Grow my Instagram account- Okay so this one was kinda a fail. I was focused more on working on post content and keeping on top of that, that I let my Instagram slip. But if you want to help me in this goal, visit my Insta and follow me!
- Start a challenge on the blog!- done and done. And it was so much fun!! I really enjoyed my Fit for Fall Challenge, and it has helped set me up for getting back into a workout routine. Missed out on the original challenge? Check it out, and start today! The best thing about the challenge is that you can do it ANY time.
- Finish Country Heat- I finished this Tuesday and it was amazing!! I didn’t have the results I would have liked, but it got me back into the groove of things, and ignited my love for working out again. Keep an eye out next Friday when I share my review of the program.
- Work on my running mileage- soooo this was a fail. One week into September I got sick, and it turned into bronchitis, which is a runner’s nightmare. So I took it easy, and am finally getting back into running again.
- Read two books- I didn’t even finish one. Total fail.
- Go on a fun date with Isaac- We are going out dancing tonight (just like when we were dating) and I am looking forward to it! Keep up on Instagram Stories.
And now for this month!
For the blog:
- Connect with other bloggers
Somethings I have really loved about joining the blogging world is the community we have between bloggers. It’s so cool to see that you are not the only one out there who does what you do, and I have made so many sweet friends through blogging. I want to make an effort to connect to more bloggers, whether that be through their blog or social media.
- Make 4 more posts SEO friendly
I want to continue to work on making my posts more SEO friendly, because let’s just say some of my older ones need it!
- Insta Stories
I know this is similar to last month’s goal, but this month I want to make an effort to use Insta Stories more. It’s such a fun feature on Instagram, and I love watching other people’s stories. It really helps you connect to them and see what life is like through their eyes.
- Work on more sponsored posts
It’s no secret that bloggers love sponsored posts, because you get paid for working with the companies (whether it be in products or money). It helps cover the costs of blogging, and it’s nice to have a little extra money to spend as you wish. I want to find some really good, high quality sponsored opportunities that I can share with you!
- Read one book
Because apparently reading two was way too much to ask for! Really though, I just want to finish the book I started this summer called Strange Fire by John MacArthur. It’s a great book, but long.
- Complete the Tone it Up 31 Day Challenge
I LOVE Tone it Up, and have been a member for about three years now. On October 1st (tomorrow!), they are starting their 31 Day Challenge, and I am so excited. If you need some tips on how to prepare for your challenge, check out my awesome friend’s blog post. Jessica is also a TIU girl who is a daily inspiration to me, and you will love her blog!
- Work on my Etsy shop
With fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have LOTS of inspiration for new paintings. I also have some paintings I’ve been meaning to add to my shop for a while, but never got to it. So I want to give Colors on Canvas a little love this month, freshen up the inventory and get some fall/Christmas stuff up.
I used to journal all the time. I would write down Bible verses that resonated with me, prayers, things I learned as I read the Bible and so much more. I haven’t done that in a long time, and I want to get back into it.
What is one of your goals for the month?