Another month, another set of goals. Join me as I recap my goals in October, and set some November goals.
I still can’t believe that tomorrow is the first day of November! This month flew by, and as sad as I am, knowing that my favorite month is over, I’m also pumped for the holidays. I look forward to the holiday season every year, and am so happy it’s finally here! There’s nothing quite as heart warming as spending time with family, and enjoying some of my favorite holiday traditions. So get ready for lots of healthy holiday recipes, roundups of my favorite holiday decor, giveaways, and so much more. I have a lot planned for the upcoming months, and I know you’re going to love it!
October Goals… How’d it go?
For the blog:
- Connect with other bloggers- I didn’t connect as much as I would have liked, but I did join a small blogging group of likeminded bloggers and I am loving it! It’s so neat to get to know these ladies a little more, and I love the encouragement and support we are able to give to one another.
- Make 4 more posts SEO friendly- Done and done!
- Insta Stories- HA! I don’t know what it is about me, but I just can’t seem to get into this. What would usually happen was I would do something, go somewhere or make something and then an hour later think “Man! I should have added that to my Insta story”. Whomp whomp. I’ll try again in November!
- Work on more sponsored posts- This was a tough month for me concerning sponsored posts. I applied for a ton, but wasn’t accepted for anything. I was feeling pretty upset about it until one of my friends helped me out. I was telling her about the struggles I was having, and she reminded me that there is so much more out there than getting that one “perfect” sponsored post I wanted. I have an amazing full time job that takes a lot out of me, I have a husband I love, and blogging is only my hobby. I can’t compare myself to other bloggers out there who do it full time, because we are on different sides of the spectrum. Which is why I decided to just let it go. I’ll still apply for sponsored posts when I think they’d be great for my blog, or when I have an awesome idea for a post, but other than that I’m not going to worry about it. I blog because I love it, not because of the money. The minute I get caught up in comparing myself to others is when I lose my passion, and I don’t want that to happen!
- Read one book- Another fail. I just can’t find the time to do this! October was a BUSY month.
- Complete the Tone it Up 31 Day Challenge- I did it! I wasn’t as consistent in my workouts as I would have liked, but I’m slowly getting back into the routine of waking up and running, and I love it. I’m also trying to be more concious of the things I snack on, because I’ve come to see that that’s my area of weakness.
- Work on my Etsy shop- I’ve added new printables (check them out here), and am working on taking some new pictures for my shop to help it look a little more cohesive and pleasing to the eye. Also, stay tuned for some awesome Christmas paintings.
- Journal- I didn’t journal as much as I would have liked, but I have been spending more time in the Word and in prayer. It’s been a very hard month for my family, and it’s awesome to see how the peace of God has been within us through it all.
For the blog:
- Continue working on old posts
One of my goals this month is to retake pictures of some of my older recipes to make them more appealing. Because let’s just say my photography skills have improved a lot since I first started!
- Insta Stories
Yep, I’m giving these another shot. Wish me luck! (And follow me on Instagram)
I have always loved Pinterest, and this month I want to focus on my Pinterest account. I want to revamp my cover photos, go through old pins and make sure they work, and add to my Tailwind schedule. (If you haven’t checked Tailwind out yet, you should! It’s amazing).
- Responding to comments
I try to respond to every comment on my blog, but sometimes I end up waiting way too long, and end up with weeks worth of comments to respond to. I read every single one, and now I want to respond faster and start building relationships with my readers. My plan is to go through comments on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
- Work on my photography
I finished my online photography class, and decided to practice on some of my friends last weekend at a pumpkin patch. I was so happy with how the pictures turned out, and I can’t wait to get more experience! I’m taking family pictures for my pastor’s family, and have some other friends asking about sessions. Guys… It’s like my dreams are finally coming true! (Also, scroll down to the bottom to see some of the pictures I took).
- Continue to be consistent with workouts
It’s so easy to just say “ehh I’ll do it later” and then never do it, which is why I want to be more intentional about working out. With a half marathon coming up, as well as the holidays, I know I need to be as active as I can!
- Etsy Shop
As I mentioned above, I want to retake some of the pictures of my paintings, so my shop has a more cohesive look. I also want to work on some Christmas paintings, which I know you will love!
- Read a book
Y’all… I’m determined to finally finish that book I’ve been reading for ages. It’s GOING to happen!
What are some of your goals for this month? Let me know in the comments. : )
*Scroll to the bottom for pumpkin patch pictures!*
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the pumpkin patch. I can’t wait to take more!