The perfect side dish for your next dinner party! This quinoa is full of veggies and bursting with flavor, a definite crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa*
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag frozen Mushroom Medley (from Trader Joe’s) or 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, etc.)
- In a large sauce pan, heat the quinoa and chicken broth until it’s boiling. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Continue cooking the quinoa until the broth is fully absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Turn off heat and keep the pot covered until quinoa is needed later.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and heat the olive oil to medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Cook the bell peppers, onion and garlic until soft and fragrant (about 5-10 minutes). Add the bag of frozen mushrooms. Keep the heat on until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add the quinoa and seasonings to the veggies and stir until fully incorporated. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
- *I like the tricolor quinoa from Trader Joe’s, but regular quinoa works just as well.
- I separated my quinoa into glass containers and kept them in the fridge for up to 7 days. Just microwave for 1:00-1:30 minutes and you’re good to go!
- Serving Size: 8