- 8 oz dried brown rice and quinoa pasta (I got mine at Aldi!)
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage
- 1 large zucchini
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 350. Thinly slice the zucchini, toss in olive oil and evenly spread out on a baking pan (make sure none of the pieces are overlapping). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the zucchini is brown and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the rest and set pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage on medium heat until no longer pink in the middle, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess oil.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the pan and cook until they are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and pesto. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the zucchini and spinach to the pan and mix to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!