- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I like Colby Jack or Cheddar)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, blended smooth
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, cooked
- 3 cups cooked brown rice macaroni
- In a large saucepan and mixing with a whisk, melt the butter. Add the salt, pepper and flour and mix constantly until the mixture is bubbling and thick.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Keep it boiling for one minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the shredded cheese and cottage cheese until it’s melted.
- Pour in the cooked broccoli and macaroni. Thoroughly mix together and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep it in the fridge for up to a week.