- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 eggs scrambled (per serving!)
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the diced sweet potatoes and butternut squash on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes and squash are soft.
- Head a pan with 2 tsp of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until slightly translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they are nicely caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cajun seasoning, then remove from heat.
- On a medium cooking sheet, lay out the bacon strips and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until it’s cooked and crispy!
- Pour all the veggies into a large bowl. Chop up the bacon and add to the bowl, mix everything together.
- Now your veggie base is ready! Store it in airtight containers to use throughout the week.
- Every morning, scramble two eggs to go on top, and you’re good to go.