It was one of those days. I had been busy working all day, then drove out to a photoshoot in the early evening. The photoshoot ran long and I was hungry and hot. So I called Isaac on my way home and asked if he could make dinner since I was running late. I gave him instructions over the phone, and left him to it. It was a sort of test, you see? I wanted to have a go-to dinner that even my husband could make without any written directions. And I totally found one. Isaac kicked it out of the park, and I knew this recipe was a keeper.
Not only was this cashew cream pasta absolutely delicious, but it’s full of veggies, healthy fats and good carbs that your body will love. It is filling and nutritious- two of my favorite things. ; ) And after enjoying that dinner and the lunches it provided the next two days, I knew I needed to share the recipe here. It’s just THAT good! I’ve made quite a few cashew cream sauce recipes in the past (like this Creamy Chicken & Sausage Cajun Pasta), but I think this one is one of my faves. Partly because I love the artichoke in it, but also because you just can’t beat some fresh pasta. Mmm mmm mmm!!
Flavor-wise, I kept it simple. Chicken Apple Sausage (from Aidell’s, of course. I love ’em so much), mushrooms, artichokes and asparagus. Then some of the cashew cream sauce. All over fresh pasta. And voila! One of the easiest meals you’ll make, and I’m sure the whole family will love it. It comes together in less than 30 minutes AND it’s husband tried, tested and approved. #yourewelcome But for reals. You won’t regret giving this recipe a try, I promise!
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4–1 cup chicken broth
- I package fresh pasta (I used Simple Truth Sweet Potato Fettuccine!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts (NOT in brine), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 package Aidells Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a blender cup, blend together the cashews and chicken stock until thick and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Start with 3/4 of a cup of stock and add more as needed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then add the mushrooms, asparagus and chicken sausage. Cook on medium heat until the mushrooms and asparagus are softened, about 7-10 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream sauce to the meat and veggie mixture and stir to combine. Season with paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, serve immediately with the meat and veggie sauce on top. Enjoy!
- Store left overs in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Now it’s your turn to talk! Answer one of these questions in the comments below:
What is one of your go-to easy dinners to make?
Have you ever given cashew cream sauce a try?