- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4–1 cup chicken broth
- I package fresh pasta (I used Simple Truth Sweet Potato Fettuccine!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts (NOT in brine), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 package Aidells Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a blender cup, blend together the cashews and chicken stock until thick and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Start with 3/4 of a cup of stock and add more as needed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then add the mushrooms, asparagus and chicken sausage. Cook on medium heat until the mushrooms and asparagus are softened, about 7-10 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream sauce to the meat and veggie mixture and stir to combine. Season with paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, serve immediately with the meat and veggie sauce on top. Enjoy!
- Store left overs in the fridge for up to 4 days.