- 2 cups cashews
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch sage (about 4 leaves)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Blend together the cashews and 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth in a blender (I use my blender cup and it works perfectly!). Blend until thick, creamy and all the chunks are gone.
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the cashew cream, the rest of the chicken broth, the bunch of sage and the cream cheese. Stir constantly until the mixture is warm and the cream cheese is fully melted in. The sauce will stick and burn to the bottom of the pan if you don’t stir!
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and add the parmesan and salt and pepper (to taste) to the sauce. Stir until the parmesan is fully melted and the sauce is thick and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add more chicken broth until it’s reached the desired consistency!
- Serve over your favorite pasta (like some homemade butternut squash ravioli!) or cover and store for up to 3 days in the fridge.