- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts
- 14 oz andouille sausage
- Salt & pepper
- 1 squash
- 1 bell pepper (I used red!)
- 2 cups cooked pasta (I used quinoa pasta from Costco)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, and slice the sausage on the diagonal. Add to the pot and cook until the chicken is mostly done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the zucchini and bell pepper into small pieces, add to the pot and continue to cook until the chicken is done and the veggies are tender.
- In a small blender cup, blend together the cashews and chicken broth until a cream has formed.
- Season the veggie/meat mixture with the Cajun seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and pour the cashew sauce and pasta into the pot. Stir until the meat, veggies and pasta are completely covered by the sauce.
- Serve while warm!