A bright and flavorful holiday cookie that you will love!
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened*
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cranberry sauce**
- Preheat oven to 350. Prep some cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or spraying with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut oil and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the orange zest and fresh orange juice and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the cranberry sauce and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 inch rounds of dough onto the prepped cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are firm and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Gently remove from the pan and finish cooling on a cooking rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week!
- *To soften the coconut oil, scoop out 1 cup of the solid coconut oil into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 10 seconds, or until softened, but not liquid.
- **Make your own cranberry sauce by boiling 2 cups of fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water until a thick sauce has formed. Let it cool before adding to the batter.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10