For the filling:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can salsa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 can black beans
- Reduced Sodium Taco seasoning
For the tacos:
- 10 corn (or flour) tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (freshly shredded is best)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- In a crock pot, pour some salsa to cover the bottom of the pot. Pour in your taco seasoning and mix together. Place the breasts on top of the layer of salsa, then cover with the rest of the salsa, corn and beans.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred it and mix with the salsa, corn and beans until it’s all evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Turn on your oven broiler, or preheat oven to 400F.
- Put 1/3 cup of chicken and a sprinkle of cheese in a tortilla, and fold in half. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spray lightly with some olive oil.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes on one side until the tortilla is browned and crunchy. Remove the sheet from the oven, and carefully flip the tacos over. Lightly spray this side with olive oil, then return to the oven.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the tortilla is browned and crunchy. Remove from the oven, and enjoy immediately!
- Add in some tomatoes, lettuce and salsa for a little extra flavor.
- If you are baking, bake for 10-15 minutes on the first side, and 8-12 minutes on the other side!