These chicken lettuce wraps are a light and fresh recipe that is perfect for lunch or an easy dinner.
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 6 small oranges)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
For the wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup butternut squash, julienned
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- Spinach leaves (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the sauce ingredients at medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir continually until sauce has thickened (about 5-10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the mushrooms and butternut squash until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the sauce and stir together.
- Prep the lettuce by washing the leaves and cutting off the thin, tougher part of the leaf (closest to the stem).
- In the center of the lettuce, spoon out about 1/3 cup of the mixture. Top with spinach, and roll up. Hold the wrap together with toothpicks.
- Enjoy your wraps with a warm or cold filling.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10