I am a big fan of quiche, but it’s not the healthiest choice when you are wanting to eat lean, clean and green. A while ago, I made my crustless quiche, which is definitely one of my favorites, and this week I decided to make a different variation. The result? Deliciousness. This breakfast frittata was so simple to make, and is perfect for #mealprepSunday. I loaded it up with my favorite veggies, new favorite protein (helloooo Costco sausage!), and sweet potatoes for a some yummy carbs.
The best part about this breakfast frittata is that the leftovers are just as good heated up the next day, whether it be in the microwave or toaster oven. I don’t miss the crust, because it’s so flavorful, and I am all about that sausage and sweet potato combo. This recipe is grain free, dairy free and sugar free, which means it will not only fill you up, but fuel your body with foods it loves! Frittatas, quiches and omelettes are my favorite ways to prepare eggs, because it takes a somewhat bland food and makes it amazing. The flavor combos are endless, and I love making them with a variety of veggies, protein and seasoning.
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 12 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the ghee on med-high heat until melted. Cook the sweet potato, onion, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms for 5-10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Beat together the 12 eggs and pour into the cast iron.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until the eggs have fully set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving! Keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Now it’s your turn to talk! Answer one of these questions in the comments below:
What is your favorite way to prepare eggs?
Do you have a favorite frittata veggie combo?