- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/3 cup Truvia baking blend (a mix of stevia and sugar)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake tin with silicone liners, and spray the bottom of the liner with cooking spray. This will help the cupcake slide out easily without sticking.
- Whisk the whole wheat flour, almond flour, oatmeal, salt and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then whisk in the zucchini, blueberries, Truvia baking blend, egg whites, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Add the banana zucchini mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the flour mixture is moistened, but do not over-mix.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture into the prepared liners, or fill until 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then remove from the pan and take off the liners. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm or cold. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Yield: 20 muffins