- 1 lb ground beef 90/10
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- Hamburger bun
- Sliced cheese
- Sliced tomato
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat some olive oil to medium high heat.
- Split the beef into two and form into a patty- do not mix the meat together, just form into a round patty that is slightly bigger than the size of the buns! Add a dimple in the middle of the burgers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the patty on the hot skillet- it should sizzle beautifully! Cook until a crust has formed on the first side, then flip and cook on the other side until a crust has formed there too. This will give you the perfect medium burger.
- This is when you’ll add the cheese to get it perfectly melted on your burger!
- For a more well done burger, cook with a lid on the skillet.
- In the meantime, slice the onion into thin strips, and cook with the mushroom and garlic in another skillet until the onions are golden brown and garlic is aromatic.
- Assemble your burger!
*Eat the burger without cheese and bread to make it Whole30 approved! It’s JUST as delicious without those toppings- I promise. :D