- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 container mushrooms, sliced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups dried pasta OR 3/4 cups quick cook rice (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and cook the onions until semi-translucent. Add the carrots and cook until slightly softened, then add the zucchini and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot, and cook until mostly brown.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and beef broth. Bring the soup to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the grape tomatoes and pasta/rice (optional) and cook until done.
- Serve with some garlic break and salad for a DELICIOUS meal!