A delicious recipe that screams fall! Your new favorite lean, clean and green meal with autumn veggies and delicious chicken sausage. Your new favorite weekday meal.
On Monday I launched my Fit for Fall Challenge, and so far it’s going great! If you are just now stumbling upon my blog, it’s not too late to join in. Just head on over here to read all about it, and get started today.
So one of the things I am encouraging you to do in the challenge is eat at least one lean, clean and green meal a day. Today I’m sharing one of my new favorites that works perfectly with the challenge, and that I know you will love! Even though it’s still WAY too hot here in Texas to really say it’s “fall”, I’m definitely in the fall mood. I’ve been looking forward to September 22nd- aka the first day of fall- for months, and tomorrow it’s finally here. Let’s just say the minute I get home from work, the fall decorations are coming out, and for the next couple of months I’m using pumpkin in my recipes like it’s going out of style!
In today’s recipe, I used a lot of autumn veggies and chicken sausage, which has become one of my favorite meats. The flavors went so well together, and the meal just screamed “fall” to me. One of my favorite things about this recipe was that I only needed to use a pan and cutting board. Talk about an easy clean up!
It was a great recipe to kick off my favorite season, and I can’t wait to share more of my new fall recipes with y’all. Keep on the lookout for a new recipe every Wednesday! If there’s a recipe you would like to see, let me know. I’m always welcome to new ideas.
Autumn Veggies and Chicken Sausage
A delicious recipe that screams fall! Your new favorite lean, clean and green meal with fall vegetables and delicious chicken sausage.
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 chicken sausage links (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and the acorn squash. Chop the squash, potatoes and carrots and toss in the olive oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and toss. Place the chicken sausage on the pan and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked.
- Slice up the sausage and serve all together!
- If you choose to use cooked chicken sausage, slice them, then add to the pan in the last 5-10 minutes to warm up.